Self Check Hearing Loss IndicatorsIf you agree with one or more of the following statements, it may indicate the need to seek a hearing assessment:
- You favour one ear over the other
- You have been told that the TV is too loud
- You have difficulty following conversation in groups and noisy places
- You ask people to repeat themselves
- Hearing from a distance is more trouble than it used to be such as in a Church or Theatre
- Family and friends have commented on your inability to hear
Access Hearing (01) 28 44 739 To arrange an
appointment for a free hearing consultation
Why you may be unaware of the problem:It is typical for individuals with a mild to moderate loss to be unaware of their problem, even though family & friends are quite aware of it.
Hearing loss is invisible and almost always painless. There are no physical warning signs, except in some cases there may be ringing in the ear(s), but the real reason hearing loss sneaks up on you is that the change is so gradual. Most hearing losses develop over a period of 25 - 30 years, by age 50 or 60, there can be enough deterioration to interfere with conversation.
Hearing loss can prevent the quality of life you've hoped for. It can restrict your ability to interact with others, prevent you from hearing important information, cause misunderstandings, heighten stress, cause unnecessary fatigue, and filter out the subtle sounds of nature.
90% 0f our hearing aids are manufactured in Dublin which means a quicker / better service & much lower costs.
When comparing eyes with ears, consider this: Blindness cuts you off from objects, Deafness cuts you off from people.